Friday, January 09, 2015

´•*¨*•.¸¸❥ Frozen Princess Anna Cake Tutorial Stey By Step ´•*¨*•.¸¸❥

N3 ni pasai tutorial frozen anna...hmm jarang ada orang nak buat anna ni sellau elsa je ..hehehe..and rasanay this one version is better than elsa ! just read n enjoy ....



And finally the cakes!  (Don’t forget to check out my Merida, Rapunzel and Tiana Princess cakes as well)

Today I’m Sharing the Anna tutorial and tomorrow we’ll do Elsa!  Making these cakes was so much fun! Looking back there are a few things I’d change.  The week of the party the baby got sick and I got behind. So I felt kind of rushed through the cakes, I MIGHT actually break my no repeat rule to add the final details I feel were missing from these.


tutorial to create your own Anna princess cake for your Frozen birthday party

So Anna.  The first question is WHICH dress to make.  I debated doing her ball dress, BUT since we weren’t doing ELSA’s ball gown I decided not to.  Her hiking winter dress is actually shorter, showing her ankles and boots, but of course for this I made it full length.  It’s also full than it is in the movie, to leave enough cake to actually EAT!
princess-cake
Start with a 12 inch Anna doll, a Wonder Mold cake and a second cake, an 8 inch round.  I do this because the wonder mold cake isn’t tall enough for the dolls legs.  Also my chocolate cake is very DENSE, it’s best for carving, so it tends to shrink a bit too, making it even SHORTER.  So the extra height is key  (unless you tear the dolls legs off)
carving-princess-cake-anna
Use Ganache to stick the cake layers together.  Then wrap the dolls legs in plastic.
  1. to keep their legs together do they don’t separate while going into the cake
  2. keep the cake food safe, and the doll clean.
I cut a small hole into the cake first to guide the legs. Notice even with the extra height the cake still falls short of her hips, don’t worry about it, I use the ganache to fill it in.
Then start carving around your skirt, I find that carving it makes it look more skirt like and less cake-ish.  Start small, you can always carve away more, you can’t carve less once it’s gone.  Once your happy with them carve the sharp edges to soften the curves.
Frozen-princess-cakes
Once your done carving wipe away the crumbs and frost with ganache.  Make sure to get into all the cracks and fill in the hip area.  Smooth as good as you can, then let it set.  Once it’s set you can rub any points and they’ll “melt” and smooth away!  I love working with ganache!
Frozen-princess-cake-skirt
Then cover your skirt with a purplish navy fondant, making sure to smooth into the cracks.  Because there will be a cake I just wrapped it around and created a clean, straight, seam up the back.  Trim around the base and around the waist, creating the pointed princess waist line
Frozen-princess-cake-gumpaste
Now for the shirt.  We want to roll this SUPER thin so I do a half fondant half gumpaste mixture and dye it turqouise.  Then use my pasta roller to get it super thin.  Put your arms how you want them brush clear vanilla (or vodka – cheaper) on to the back of the gumpaste/fondant then lay it over the front and arms (sticky side down).  cut away area’s you don’t need to help shape it
Frozen-princess-cake-shirt
wrap it around the arms, shoulders, neck, etc… cut a straight light where the it meets under the arms to hid the lines.  Don’t forget to cut the nice neckline as well (I forgot before the picture but did it later).
Frozen-princess-cake-anna-top
for the bodice rather than try to cut it ON the doll and get it to stick I cut the neckline out first adding extra length in the straps and the sides for wrapping it.  Then paint the back with the vanilla/vodka and place it on the doll.  Be VERY careful when doing this, the sticky back side WILL stain your turqouise shirt if you get it out of place.
Frozen-princess-cake-bodice
press it into place in the front, cutting the waistline.  Then wrap it around the back, pressing it into the doll so you don’t get bubbles.  Stretching it a bit where you need to, and cut a nice clean line down the back.
Now the bare bones of the dress are done!  time for the details!
Frozen-princess-cake-anna-stencil
To get the details of the embroidered front of the bodice I used one of my favorite things, adhesive stencils!  There are a lot of options with small details this is the one I used.  Then I colored some icing green and burgundy.  You can use buttercream if you have some, I opted to make a quick batch of royal icing.
Place the stencil going down the center, add the green where you want it, not too thick, and then add a little bit of the burgundy. then pull off the stencil (just make sure, unlike me, you let your black fondant dry completely first or it will pull away a bit.).
Frozen-princess-cake-anna-gold
I used a clay extruder (that I ONLY use with fondant and gumpaste, NOT clay) for the edging.  Soften some gold fondant by kneading some extra shortening into it, then extrude it through one of the smaller holes.  Attach it to the edge of the bodice using the vanilla/vodka and then for a final step paint it with some gold airbrush paint!
Frozen-princess-cake-anna-embroidery
Now for the bottom of the skirt, again you can hand paint but I used another self adhesive stencil and the green and burgundy royal icing again.  I started by doing a center one, then working my way around both sides.  The great thing about the adhesive stencil is it sticks inside the nooks and crannies of the skirt better than a traditional stencil would.
Frozen-princess-cake-anna-caplet
Finally roll out some burgundy/brown fondant.  Cut along piece, rounding the edges, and let it dry a bit (flat or rounded) then attach it down the back to her shoulders.  Once it’s all set roll out another small amt cut a circle with a hold in the center and wrap it around her shoulders.  Then trip the neck and front.
Frozen-princess-cake-anna
  Here is the mistake I made, I cut the fronts square, I SHOULD have cut them rounded!  GAH! and I wish I’d had the time to paint the edges a darker shade. Oh well, overall I LOVE how Anna turned out!
princess-cakes
I think they look GREAT together too!  AND the birthday girl love love LOVED them so nothing else really matters!


No comments: